Assalamualaikum wr wb, hi readers, meet again with me luluk syifa, this time my writing assignment is about traditional health. Ok, just get on with it.
When talking about health, health is the most important thing in our life, but we often forget it. This is in accordance with what the Prophet Muhammad SAW said. From Ibn Abbas said from Rasulullah ﷺ, “نِعْمَتَانِ مَغْبُونٌ فِيهِمَا كَثِيرٌ مِنَ النَّاسِ ، الصِّحَّةُ وَالْفَرَاغُ” which means: “Two pleasures that most people often forget and neglect.” (HR. Bukhari).
In essence, health is more expensive than property, because in reality no one wants to be given gold as big as the Himalayas, but on the condition that a healthy eye must be gouged out. Not only that, another proof that health favors are more expensive than property, is that someone who is sick will be willing to pay any amount for his treatment so he can recover from his illness. (KESEHATAN HANYA MAHKOTA YANG HANYA BISA DILIHAT OLEH ORANG YANG SAKIT)
Every human being will definitely feel pain, which is a condition in which the metabolism in the body does not work properly. However, even though an illness is an unpleasant condition, as Muslims, we don’t have to complain much, because complaining too much is part of the syaithan temptation. And according to Firesta Farizal, M.Psi., A psychologist “The pain that is felt by each person is also different and cannot be measured from one person to another because the pain felt by each human being is subjective so that the resulting response will be different. Different for everyone, ”
When we feel pain, surely we will try to treat the pain somehow. And what is often done when we feel pain is to take medicine. The alternative that is most often used is drug stalls because many people are lazy to go to the doctor if the complaints that come are mild and prefer to take over-the-counter drugs, or commonly known as drug stalls. Most of the OTC drugs only treat the symptoms of the disease that arise and do not cure the root of the disease. These OTC drugs are usually marked with a green circle with a black outline on the package.
Side effects of chemical drugs, The habit of taking over-the-counter medicine too often and for a long time will be very dangerous for the body. Often times those who take over-the-counter drugs do not know the exact level or dose. Not a few people have died due to an overdose, due to taking over-the-counter drugs in excessive doses. Medicines that are taken continuously for minor illness can make you addicted to the drug. If your body is used to it, when you are sick and you don’t take the same medicine, your body will feel uncomfortable. Drugs taken mostly only treat symptoms, not a real disease. The real cause of the disease will not go away until you consult a doctor.
Some of the risks of disease that will strike if you take the drug excessively include:
- Kidney damage due to chemicals in drugs (hepatocyte).
- Irritation of the digestive system (stomach upset, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea).
- Changes in body temperature, blood pressure, pulse and heart rate.
- Respiratory tract disorders (chest pain, shortness of breath).
- The skin becomes hot and dry, or cold and clammy
- Vomits blood or bloody stool.
- In severe cases, can result in a coma and death.
But we as Indonesians who are famous for our diversity can produce various kinds of traditional medicines. According to the Food and Drug Supervisory Agency (BPOM), Traditional Medicine (OT) is an ingredient or an ingredient in the form of plants, animal parts, minerals, or a mixture of these ingredients that is used from generation to generation for treatment. Traditional medicine is also often called Natural Medicine (OBA).
The virtues of herbal medicine include:
- Herbal medicine does not cause side effects, because it is made from natural and complex herbs.
Herbal remedies are very effective for diseases that are difficult to treat medically.
- Herbal medicine is curative, meaning that it is really healing because the treatment is at the source of the disease. Based on some research that has been done by experts, herbal medicine is very suitable for health problems, especially chronic and degenerative diseases such as hypertension, diabetes, rheumatism, asthma, the spread of cancer cells, tumors, and others.
- Herbal remedies are more affordable and easy to make because herbal medicine is a medicine that comes from nature itself, so the price tends to be cheaper than chemical drugs.
- Besides that, herbal medicines are also very easy to make, because in making herbal medicines you do not need to use sophisticated tools and technology.
- Usually, herbal medicines are processed by boiling, pounding, or mixing with other herbal ingredients with certain compositions.
- The main reason is due to the nature of traditional medicinal ingredients which are natural so that they can be digested by the body.
So, for readers, if they experience complaints of illness, don’t rush to take chemical drugs, but it would be better to use the spices around the house, such as:
🍁Turmeric, According to Professor Amir Soebandrio, Director of the Eijkman Institute for Molecular Biology, the curcumin content in turmeric in general can improve body health. “Because there are several studies that curcumin has effects such as reducing inflammation, some say the antioxidant effect, it is all in essence to improve health, endurance.
🍁 Ginger, you can use ginger to help maintain endurance. “The ginger in a compound in ginger can be used for anti-inflammatory or flu, inflammation, as well as some antioxidants in spices for body immunity,” said Professor Dodik Briawan, IPB community nutritionist.
Simply boil a few segments of ginger, then drink the boiled water. Apart from providing a warm effect, ginger can relieve coughs and relieve nasal congestion due to colds.
At first glance, I can share with you. May be useful